Gen Con 2016 Dragon Ball Z Wrap-up!
Gen Con 2016 has come and gone, and we hope you enjoyed all the Dragon Ball Z events this year. We'd like to thank Tim Batow for keeping the RetroDBZ alive with his innovative Fusion Format Tournament that he ran this year in place of our regular straight RetroDBZ event. By all accounts, everyone had a great time at this event, and you can see some of the matches from this tournament as well as the Panini America event by CLICKING HERE
The Panini America event brought in 240 Z-Warriors looking for their chance to design their own card for the Dragon Ball Z TCG, and we'd like to spotlight the Top 16 of that event here for the amazing games that they played:
- Justin Shingle – Red Enraged 13
- Brand Turley – Red Ruthless Broly
- Frisco Fahs – Namekian Restored Cell (T4 finish)
- Chad Scott – Blue Protective Cooler
- Ryan Lambdin – Blue Protective Cooler
- Kurt Spiess – Red Enraged Cooler
- Jermol Jupiter – Red Enraged Cooler (T2 finish)
- Scott Holbrook – Blue Tag Team 13
- Anthony Eason – Blue Protective Cooler (T8 finish)
- Casey Hansman – Red Enraged 13
- Elmer Walter – Orange Adaptive 20 (T8 finish)
- Tim Batow – Saiyan Empowered Raditz (T8 finish)
- Jonathan Riley – Saiyan Empowered Broly (T4 finish)
- Andrew Pickett – Black Devious Broly
- Shaun Hindman – Orange Adaptive Yamcha (T8 finish)
- Tyler Martin – Saiyan Empowered Broly (Champion)
You can find their decklists and more on Panini America's DBZ TCG Blog
. We also would like to give an extra special thanks to Aik, who gave RetroDBZccg and exclusive tour of Panini America's Gen Con 2016 booth
Remember to follow our Facebook page for live and ongoing events
like Gen Con 2016 to get up-to-the-minute updates as they happen.
A special thank you to anyone who came to the RetroDBZ panels or my Industry Insider panels
. Our Drinking Games Panel was sold out for the third year in a row, and all other panels saw a significant increase in attendance.
Thank you all for making Gen Con 2016 a great success, and we look forward to seeing you in 2017.
Follow us on our Facebook page for more up to date announcements by clicking here.
Join our Facebook discussion page to talk about the game by clicking here. (It's a private group, but we accept all members).
Follow us on Twitter @RetroDBZccg
Follow me on Twitter @ArguablyTrue!
Follow me on Instagram @ArguablyTrue!